Learn Broad's Institute best practices using the Atlassian tools by Bruce Kozuma, Principal Analyst, Broad Institute
How Broad Institute built an effective project management tracking system with G Suite & Jira Cloud: What you can do with a little knowledge, a lot of ignorance, some time, and permission to take a boondoggle.
JIRA Service Desk best practices by Pawel Mazur & Jacek Wizmur, Spartez
We're going to present 5 tips for an awesome support experience with JIRA ServiceDesk - not only for the customer, but also for the support agent. For a quality human interaction on both ends. We'll also show you how to: Speed up request resolution using embedded live chat, and achieve higher customer satisfaction by seamlessly turning chat conversations into Service Desk requests and comment.
Jira Cloud, Jira in the Cloud.... What does this really mean and how can I make sense of this for my team/organization? by Chris Riley, cPrime
We are going to present several tips and tricks that can help you navigate "cloud" through the lens of an Atlassian user. Topics will include:
Virtual Reality sponsor prizes
Our VR game rig will be returning to this month's meeting. Play the AUG Virtual Reality Game and the first winners will have their choice of many prizes. Also, the high scoring winner will receive a $50 Atlassian SWAG card and the first three people to play will get a bottle of wine! Here is the run-down of the software licenses available to win at the event. Win two Appfire licenses for an unlimited amount of users! Check out the fabulous Appfire products to pick from both their expansive Wittified and Bob Swift product lines. All these giveaways will be offered to the first Virtual Reality winners to pick from, so everyone has an opportunity to pick a relevant prize for their environment and requirements.
Meat, vegan, and gluten-free meal options will be available. We will have several food options, so you will not be left hungry, but the main focus is fresh, organic sushi with a smoothie service as well! Also, we will not forget the pizza lovers.
Come enjoy 15-year-old red wine among other exceptional alcohol offerings.
Thank you to our sponsors for their continued support: cPrime, ALM Works, Spartez, Adaptavist, and Appfire.
Atlassian Solution Architect
DevOps Chief Architect
Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard
Principal Systems Analyst
Internal IT consultant to the scientific community at the Broad, with a focus on improving the operational efficiency of lab operations. Selected projects:
• Developed a low-cost sample tracking system using Google G Suite, Atlassian Jira Cloud, and Google Apps Script, which is currently used by a variety of scientific projects handling an increasing number of samples
• Authored a white paper analyzing the data integration platforms needs for a direct-to-patient research effort for myeloma
• Developed and delivered training classes on Jira Cloud and Benchling for the Broad community
• Onboarded Benchling as a laboratory informatics solutions provider for the Broad
• Serve as a Jira Cloud administrator to maintain and enhance both existing and new Jira Projects
• Led the development of prototype tools to migrate an on-premises Jira instance to Jira Cloud using PostgreSQL scripts, bash shell scripts, Visual Basic for Applications in Excel 365, and JSON objects; used Agile/Scrum techniques to deliver usable product increments each sprint
• Led the development of a proposed quality system framework to handle regulatory compliance needs for academic research projects
• Led the Laboratory Data Management project, which sought to find a unifying platform for laboratory informatics needs at the Broad, encompassing functionality from ELN, LIMS, and SDMS
Chief Solution Architect