Learn how Atlassian:
• Supports a collaborative DevOps environment with the Atlassian tool stack and its ecosystem.
• Builds product and infrastructure.
• Achieves continuous delivery with Bamboo, Bitbucket and Puppet.
• Tracks incidents, problems and changes across development and IT teams with JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk.
• Monitors services proactively with HipChat integrated with monitoring tools (New Relic, DataDog, Nagios, Splunk, and more).
• Shares knowledge and post-incident reviews (PIR) in Confluence.
• Gives developers a customer feedback loop with JIRA Service Desk.
We will end with takeaways and how to make this happen for your organization.
Nick Wright, Head of Service Operations
Nick Wright is the head of Site Reliability Engineering at Atlassian. With 10 years’ experience in IT operations roles in New Zealand, UK and Australia, Nick’s focus is on making sure our cloud applications and infrastructure are performing top notch, and is keen to share how we do it while scaling fast. Outside of work, he’s an avid cyclist and gamer. He’s married and has a lovely little girl.
Tanguy Crusson, HipChat Product Manager
Tanguy is product manager for HipChat at Atlassian, driving HipChat Connect and the Ecosystem. In the past year, his team took HipChat Connect from a concept on a whiteboard to a mature platform - with the first alpha shipping under 6 weeks. This was made possible by DevOps practices and Tanguy will walk you through that.
Michael Knight, Build Engineer
Michael Knight is a Build Engineer on Atlassian's build engineering team. After years of supporting Atlassian OnDemand users, he's now helping developers run their builds and improving the build team's support processes.