You know if you don’t maintain your Jira application that it can quickly grow out of control. But where do you start? How do you make small improvements without impacting daily business? What should you do if your application is already a bit of a mess? In this presentation, we’ll address:
- How to set standards so you don’t have more schemes to maintain than necessary,
- How to clean up schemes and custom fields when you have too many,
- How to archive old projects and unneeded issues,
- and how to track changes and customization requests so you have a record and an audit trail.
Rachel Wright is an entrepreneur, process engineer, and Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator. She started using Jira in 2011, became a Jira administrator in 2013, and was certified in 2016. Rachel also uses Atlassian tools in her personal life for accomplishing goals and tracking tasks. Her first book, the "Jira Strategy Admin Workbook", was written in Confluence, and progress was tracked in Jira!
- Exclusive Knowledge
- Exclusive Swag
- Member discounts
- Introduction: Atlassian and AC Nairobi
- Best Practices for Managing and Maintaining Your Jira Application
How to set standards so you don’t have more schemes to maintain than necessary,
How to clean up schemes and custom fields when you have too many,
How to archive old projects and unneeded issues,
and how to track changes and customization requests so you have a record and an audit trail.
- Community Announcements and News
We have over 1800 members and we meet regularly to encourage better use of Atlassian tools among current or prospective users. Our events typically offer several talks, free food/drink, and networking with 50-150 attendees.
Like an attendee at one of our events, you can expect to:
- Share and learn Atlassian product knowledge, best practices, and case studies
- Provide valuable user input to Atlassian so that they can keep making great products for us to use
- Network and build a support system with fellow Atlassian product users.
Atlassian Community Nairobi is an award-winning community. (SET THE STANDARD 2018 - Atlassian Summit 2018, MOST ACTIVE in EMEA 2017-Atlassian Summit Europe 2017) and (Global MASTER OF CONVERSION WINNER 2017-Atlassian Summit US 2017).
HELP US PLAN OUR NEXT EVENT
- Do you want to suggest a topic for us to focus on?
- Do you have a presentation proposal?
- Does your company want to host an event?
- Does your company want to sponsor an event?
Requirements for attendees:
- We will limit our attendees to a maximum of 50 for now (NB: Those who have RSVP'd on ace.atlassian.com/nairobi/ will be prioritized.
- Provide your own mask and have it throughout at the venue
- The temperature will be scanned before admission.
- Social distance will be observed (1 meter apart) throughout the event
Contact the Community Lead with your suggestions. Thanks for your help!