Atlasssian’s futurist-in-residence Dominic Price and #1 NY Times Best-selling author Dan Pink rolled up their sleeves at Team 2021 for a fast-paced, provocative conversation about modern work, right now. This mash-up fused together Atlassian’s view on modern work with insights from Dan Pink’s extensive research and books on business and human behavior. These practical takeaways from their conversation on Effectiveness, Lifelong Learning, and Purpose can be applied for yourself, your teams and your organisations
1. Don’t fall for the seduction of busy-ness; seek instead effectiveness and impact.
2. If you’re too busy, you don’t have your priorities set.
3. If you’re focused on volume you’re not thinking impact (take the
example of writing more words vs. writing a good book)
4. Focus on simplicity and brevity. If you have more than 3 priorities, as an individual, team or organization, you don’t have priorities.
5. Structure is liberating if you work at home. Create a soft separation between work and home life.
6. Procrastination is an emotional response. Identify the emotion getting in your way: maybe it’s fear of failure, uncertainty and not knowing what to do, or lack of control over the task you’re facing.
7. The remedy to regulate emotions and overcome procrastination is to just get started. Just do something.
- Welcome and icebreaker
- Round table discussion on key takeaway on Modern Work
- Exclusive Knowledge
- Member discounts
We have over 2600 members and we meet regularly to encourage better use of Atlassian tools among current or prospective users. Our events typically offer several talks, free food/drink, and networking with 50-200 attendees.
Like an attendee at one of our events, you can expect to:
- Share and learn Atlassian product knowledge, best practices, and case studies.
- Provide valuable user input to Atlassian so that they can keep making great products for us to use.
- Network and build a support system with fellow Atlassian product users.
Atlassian Community Nairobi is an award-winning community. (SET THE STANDARD 2018 - Atlassian Summit 2018, MOST ACTIVE in EMEA 2017-Atlassian Summit Europe 2017) and (Global MASTER OF CONVERSION WINNER 2017-Atlassian Summit US 2017).
HELP US PLAN OUR NEXT EVENT
- Do you want to suggest a topic for us to focus on?
- Do you have a presentation proposal?
- Does your company want to host an event?
- Does your company want to sponsor an event?
Requirements for attendees:
We will limit our attendees for now NB: Those who have RSVP'd on ace.atlassian.com/nairobi/ will be prioritised.
- Provide your own mask and have it throughout at the venue
- The temperature will be scanned before admission.
- Social distance will be observed (1 meter apart) throughout the event
- As usual, we will have swag, Pizza, Wine, Juice, beer, and great conversations! We are excited to see you all again soon!
Contact the Community Lead with your suggestions.
Thank you for your help!